Wednesday, March 25, 2009

And Then There Were Two!!!

We had unexpected news today - Dima said yes to adoption!!! After Natasha picked up Karen, Dasha and I, we drove to pick up Dima. Shortly after we got there, Natasha ask Dima if the orphanage had made a decision for him to stay overnight with us, and Dima replied with, "I made a decision," and proceeded to tell her that he wants to come to America and be a part of our family. We were shocked because we thought that he would need more time. But God had arranged for Natasha and Sasha to be stuck in traffic with Dima for a long time last night, so they had had a good heart to heart. We had really felt it was not God's intention to separate the children, and it has been amazing to see how He has worked it all out.

To top it all off, Dima briefly talked with his very ill grandfather over the phone AFTER he had already made his decision. The grandfather, who is the biggest influence on Dima's life and the only involved family member, had been unsupportive of Dima being adopted, but when they talked today, the GRANDFATHER approved of his decision!!! We could not have been happier. We were praying so, so hard while he was on the phone -again, it's amazing to see God work.

We have 2 tired children here, up way past their bedtimes due to dinner on the town, more Uno, bath time, guitar lessons, computer time, silliness, etc., so we must sign off and let them sleep.

We will be a family of FOUR!!!

God is good,
Bob and Karen

7 comments:

  1. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! (My hand hurts.)

    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

    This is by far the best news I've had all day - nay, all year!

    Now the adventure really begins! (Like it hasn't been exciting enough already.)

    LOVE,
    Aunt Amy (haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited!!! I have never checked anything more often than this blog to see the next post! God is so good to have answered all of our prayers so clearly for yall! We can't wait to meet them. We love you guys. - Erin and Keith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Bob and Karen. I am so excited for you. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Tell Dima and Dasha that we can't wait to meet them. I shouldn't have read this blog so late 'cause I don't know if I can go to sleep now!! We are still praying for you.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen! Bob! What great news. I cannot wait to see you both and celebrate with you in Paris. How in the world are you going to leave these precious kids? I am praying for you all, and for the zippiest trip back to bring them home with you.

    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a thrill. I look forward to meeting your whole family in Texas. Thanks for sharing this fabulous adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Karen and Bob, do you have a picture of all 4 of you? If you can try to get one. Love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This so totally aswesome. I love the names you have chosen. I love Dasha's smile and I think Dima is a BASS PLAYER (see how easily he holds the bowling ball - he must have monster hands! I think I know of a teacher who can help him learn.

    ReplyDelete